Another new colorway debuts this week at The Net Loft:
"Skating on Sheridan Glacier"
A tonal turquoise with more than six shades of aqua and some skeins with natural white left in.
As the cold temperatures freeze the lakes, we're all getting ready for some ice skating. Some people have already been out on Eyak Lake, Ibeck Creek and even Sheridan Glacier to skate.
There is really nothing more epic than ice skating on a lake at the toe of a glacier, it's like being in another world. Weaving your way through icebergs frozen in place, the low angled light of the sun softening the colors and the many shades of blue light reflecting and refracting through the ice. It's pretty great.
So in an effort to translate an experience into a skein of yarn here it is.
This might be my favorite colorway yet.
One by one let me show you what we have in this batch, for those of you who love yarn & color or love someone who does, the following might just whet your appetite.
100% Peruvian Wool
4.2 oz per skein
3-3.5 stitches per inch
100% New Zealand Wool
100g per skein
2.5-3.5 stitches per inch
100% Blue Faced Leicester wool
125g per skein
5.5-6 stitches per inch
50% merino wool
100g per skein
7 stitches per inch
100% superwash merino wool
125 grams per skein
6 stitches per inch
- Kiniklik: 100% Superwash Blue Faced Leicester wool: 112g approx 450 yds 7 stitches per inch
- Pleiades: 95% baby llama & 5% stellina (tinsel): 125g 273yards 5 stitches per inch
- Siwash: 80% merino & 10% cashmere & 10% nylon: 100g 442 yards 7-8 stitches per inch
3 different yarns: from left to right
1. Busby: 90% Superwash merino & 10% nylon: 125g 480 yards 8 stitches per inch
2. Storey: 40% alpaca, 40% Superwash merino & 20% nylon: 125g 477 yards 7.5 stitches per inch
3. Pleiades: 95% baby llama & 5% stellina (tinsel): 125g 273yards 5 stitches per inch
100% hand-dyed, guaranteed to make any knitter smile
Available exclusively at The Net Loft: (907)424-7337